Elevate Your Drive, Reduce Emissions!
Nilight Catalytic Converter For Chevy Silverado 1500 Avalanche 2009-2013/Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Tahoe GMC Yukon 2009-2014/GMC Sierra 1500 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 2010-2013
Silverado/Avalanche/Suburban/Tahoe/GMC Sierra/GMC Yukon Direct Fit Three-way Catalytic Converter
How Do Three-way Catalytic Converters Work?
A three-way catalytic converter has three simultaneous tasks:
- Reduction of nitrogen oxides to nitrogen and oxygen: 2NOx → xO2 + N2
- Oxidation of carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide: 2CO + O2 → 2CO2
- Oxidation of unburnt hydrocarbons (HC) to carbon dioxide and water: CxH2x+2 + [(3x+1)/2]O2 → xCO2 + (x+1)H2O.
Nilight's Direct Fit Converters are engineered to meet your vehicle’s specific emissions requirements and most Come With the Replacement Gaskets at NO Additional Cost!
- Not legal for sale or use in California and Colorado
- Consult your state’s aftermarket converter regulations for details
- 2009-2013 Chevrolet Avalanche 5.3L
- 2009-2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.3L/4.8L/5.3L/6.0L
- 2009-2014 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 5.3L(4WD)
- 2009-2014 Chevrolet Tahoe 4.8L/5.3L
- 2010-2013 GMC Sierra 1500 4.3L/4.8L/5.3L/6.0L
- 2009-2014 GMC Yukon 4.8L/5.3L
- 2009-2014 GMC Yukon XL 1500 5.3L
- 2010-2013 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 6.0L
Catalytic Converters are designed to last the life of your vehicle. It is important to fix the source of the problem before replacing your OEM converter.There are three major reasons a converter fails.
Often caused by unburned fuel entering the converter from a faulty:
- Spark Plug
- Exhaust Valve
- Oxygen Sensor
- Fuel Injector
Often caused by exposure to emissions substances from:
- Leaky Cylinder Head Gasket
- Silicone-Based Sealant
- Improper Fuel (E85, Diesel)
- Worn Piston Ring / Valve Seal
Often caused by road debris, corrosion or other conditions such as:
- Air Gap Pipe Failure
- Flex Pipe Failure
- Stripped O2 Sensor Threads
- Broken Hangers
Material Selection and Manufacturing Process
Sturdy and Durable
All T409 stainless steel raw materials are rigorously tested to work at high temperatures as well as to effectively prevent rusting.
High Flow Cat
Fully filling the honeycomb and covering more metal Pt/Pd/Rh per unit area can effectively improve the conversion rate.
Fully automated manufacturing, machine cutting, machine bending, machine welding etc. effectively reducing human error, ensuring compatibility and quality at the same time.
Breathe Freely and Healthily
Engineered to meet your vehicle’s specific emissions requirements, never worry about P0420 or P0430 code and keep check engine light off.
- EPA Compliant: Designed for use on OBDII vehicles. Not legal for sale or use in California and Colorado. Legal in New York and Maine on EPA Federal Emission Equipped Vehicles only. Consult your state’s aftermarket converter regulations for details.
- Direct-Fit Design: Direct-fit bolt-on replacement solution with OE-style hangers, brackets, routings and heat shields for easy installation that doesn’t require specialized fabrication and/or welding.
- Strong & Durable: Stainless steel body & aluminized body & pipe, features thick OE-style flanges, hangers & brackets for strength and durability.
- Keeps Check Engine Light Off: OE-style high-technology washcoat and optimal precious metal load delivers required reduction in tailpipe emissions to match vehicle application.
- Buy With Confidence: Backed by Nilight’s 25,000-mile/40,000-kilometer emissions & 5-year 50,000-mile/80,000-kilometer structural integrity warranty.